In order to assess the degree of efficiency of the process of collection of the huge debt of electricity consumption by the customers of ENDE, the Minister of Electricity and Water, João Baptista Borges, addressed the heads of the Distributing Company yesterday, September 7, at a meeting held in the Amphitheater of ENDE. Figured at 140,761,134,907.05, according to ENDE’s PCA, the debt has increased more in the last four months, as a result of the period in which his Company was prevented from cutting off power, due to the Presidential Decree issued during the State of Emergency on account of Covid 19, pointing the Province of Luanda as the Region of the country with the most debt, having the Public Institutions, and users of private PTs in the list of customers with the largest universe of debt.
As João Baptista Borges says, as recommendations and conclusions of the meeting the following was established
- Billing improvement must be a continuous process and must be improved;
- It must be done by an internal and permanent audit;
- Correction of invoices must be extraordinary and cannot be from the counter agent and must be from the Director;
- Each Director must be evaluated in each month as it is a credibility factor of the company;
- An external audit must be performed for certain situations that are beyond the Organization’s control in order to detect flaws and their correction;
- A more effective way must be found regarding denunciations and there must also be accountability;
- PTs should pay;
- More should be demanded of the company;
- Each agent should be held responsible for the poor quality of the services they provide.
- Minister João Baptista Borges also directs that charities should not be cut off and ENDE should settle with the competent authorities to have the bills paid;
- As for cutting off, the same should be done upon notification;
- There should be, therefore, respect for clients, especially those who fulfill their responsibilities;
- It was clarified in the meeting that the World Bank will finance the acquisition of prepaid meters.